Roasted Tomato, Parmesan and Onion Dip
Makes one 9″x9″ dish
2 large Sweet onions, diced
1 8-oz pkg Cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 pound Tomatoes – cherry or vine ripened
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
2 Scallions, thinly sliced
1 tsp Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the onion in a sauté pan over high heat until they begin to brown. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until they are caramelized. Set onions aside and let cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise.
4. Stir in the cooled onions, parsley and scallion.
5. Season with pepper. Add a little salt if needed.
6. If using vine-ripened tomatoes, remove the core and cut into 1″ chunks.
7. Spread the onion mixture in the bottom of a 9″x9″ oven-safe dish.
8. Layer the tomatoes over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Serve with Elkstone crackers, crusty bread or crisp carrots.