Roasted Beet Salad
2 pounds beets, greens removed, washed
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
fresh herbs, chopped- parsley, chives, tarragon, or dill
1/3 cup Elkstone Meyer Lemon Marmalade Vinaigrette (available on separate recipe card)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash the beets. Fill a roasting pan with 1/4 inch of water and add the beets.
3. Cover the pan with foil and crimp the edges tightly.
4. Bake the beets for 45 minutes until tender to a knife point. Set aside to cool.
5. Once beets are cool, peel and cut into 1 inch pieces.
6. In a bowl, combine beets, sunflower seeds, herbs, and vinaigrette. (Recipe for Elkstone Meyer Lemon Marmalade Vinaigrette may be found on a separate recipe card.)
7. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and stir lightly to incorporate.