Curried Zucchini and Chickpea Salad
2 small Zucchini
2 cloves Garlic, minced
¾ tsp Curry Powder
1 15-oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into ¼” pieces
3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
2 Scallions, finely sliced
¼ cup Plain Yogurt
1 tsp Lemon Juice or White Wine Vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut the zucchini in fourths lengthwise and then into ¼” wide quarter rounds.
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the zucchini and garlic for 2 minutes.
3. Add the curry powder and stir to coat.
4. Remove from heat and set aside until cool.
5. In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and the cooled zucchini.
6. Toss to coat and set aside for 1 hour.
7. Adjust seasoning and serve.