Creamy Herb Patty Pan Pasta
1 pound Farfalle pasta
4 oz Chevré, softened
2 pounds Patty Pan Squash, or other summer squash
¼ cup Mint leaves, torn
1 medium Onion, julienned
½ cup Parsley leaves, roughly chopped
3 cloves Garlic, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
6 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Trim the patty pan squash and cut it in halves or quarters, depending on size.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as directed on the package.
4. Meanwhile, cook the squash, onion, and garlic in a sauté pan until tender.
5. Lower the heat and add the cream and goat cheeses. Stir to break up the cheese.
6. Ladle in enough pasta cooking water to loosen the cheese and make a sauce.
7. Drain the pasta and toss with the squash and cheese. Add a bit more water if needed.
8. Toss in the herbs and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.