Cornbread Jalapeño Poppers
16 large Jalapeño peppers
1 Tbsp Honey
5 oz Buttermilk
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 cup Yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Corn kernels, frozen
3 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Trim the stems from the jalapeños. Cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Place the pepper halves on a sheet pan cut down and spray lightly with oil. Roast the jalapeños for 10 minutes an set aside to cool. Flip the halves over.
4. Whisk together the egg, honey, buttermilk, and oil. Add the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Stir in the corn kernels and the cheddar cheese.
5. Using a tablespoon, place a dollar size of the batter onto each jalapeño half.
6. Bake the peppers for 12 minutes, until the edges of the cornbread are lightly brown.